Monday, July 22, 2013

CSA: Potatoes and more

Part of my share from the farm last week included some small red bliss potatoes.  Now, I LOVE potatoes.  The starchiness and the many ways you can make it...potatoes are great for all sorts of things.

With my potatoes, I simply boiled them and mashed them for rough mashed potatoes.  I've recently been using this dip mix I got from our local farmer's market called, Gar-la-la.  I've used it to complement my pastas mostly but it's perfect for mashed potatoes as well!  So I used some of the Gar-la-la Herb de Provence and added a little more seasoning to taste.  Melt some butter on top and voila!  Delish.

For the other veggies, I got some celery, kale, zucchini, and cucumbers.  Also, more squash but since I'm not a fan, I will be giving those to my landlord.  Can't wait to try new recipes though!

No comments:

Post a Comment