Sunday, April 24, 2011

Seasoned Pork Chops with Rotini and Broccoli



Our grill was quite dirty and filled with crumbs leftover from whoever last cooked on it. So, instead of how I usually do pork chops, I decide to pan sear it this time. I mixed salt, pepper, oregano flakes, and parsley flakes in a small dish and then spread olive oil over both sides of the pork chops. After rubbing in the seasoning, it was ready for the pan. I heated the pan up with some butter and minced garlic and made sure it was hot. To sear the pork chops properly, you need a good hot pan to immediately seal the juices in.
I gave each side approximately five minutes and then flipped the pork chops over until they were no longer pink. Press your spatula into the pork chops to test its squishiness and you'll be able to tell when they're done cooking. I added some chopped onions on the side as the pork chops cooked, and let them help absorb the extra oil.


When they're done, plated, it looks and smells quite delicious. I seasoned my rotini pasta with the same mix of herbs as well as with some grated parmesan cheese. The broccoli was cooked in the same pan after I took out the pork chops so it also collected the same sort of flavor while cooking. All in all, a delicious lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment