Saturday, February 26, 2011

Scallion Stuffed Chicken Thighs


I bought boneless, skinless chicken thighs and I didn't know what to do with them. I wanted to stuff them but didn't really know what to do. I didn't want cheese or something like real stuffing. So as I was chopping scallions to freeze for my ramen, I thought--DUH.

I cut some of the whiter parts into two inch long cuts and used some of the greener ends too. I wasn't really aiming for flavor, just having something inside the chicken. I first sprinkled a generous amount of garlic powder on the inside, and then added some handfuls of parsley flakes. Then, I wrapped the scallion in with about two or three cuts of it in each thigh. Coated the glass dish with olive oil. Added my typical mix of oregano, parsley, and salt and pepper on top. Set the oven to 350 and popped it in.

I didn't keep track of how long I kept it in the oven. I kept a timer and checked back on it regularly at 20 minute intervals. After the second check, there was already a great smell and lovely juices oozing out. I threw in chopped onions all around and continued baking it. Checked it once with a toothpick before slicing into the fattest piece to check if it was done. And when they were the done, it looked great. Not to mention, the onions had soaked up the juice and tasted wonderful. The flavor of the chicken itself wasn't heavy but at least it was juicy.

If only my camera had better settings for lighting. Or maybe my kitchen needs better lighting. I hope you can see the juiciness of these tender thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment