Sunday, February 27, 2011

Korean-Style Mung Bean Sprouts



Mung bean sprouts are one of few Asian veggies that I actually like. I like the crunch they have when you eat them granted you don't overcook them.

Usually, I cook them Chinese-style--sautéed in the pan with a little bit of water and salt. This time, I Googled a recipe for how to make the Korean-style mung bean sprouts. What I was looking for wasn't technique, but rather just the specific ingredients used to make them taste the way they do. What I found was simple: salt, sesame oil, and a little bit of rice vinegar. These were the main ingredients added to the bean sprouts after cooking them slightly. I added scallion and minced garlic for a little extra flavor as well. Just kept mixing the ingredients and adding things to adjust until I got the flavor that I remember from eating the small appetizer they usually serve in Korean restaurants.

Delicious success!

No comments:

Post a Comment