Monday, September 23, 2013

Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops

This one is an easy one, especially if you have pre-peeled shrimp.  The ones I had were tail only so once I peeled those off, I was pretty much ready to go.



Ingredients:
- 1/4 lbs medium shrimp
- 1/8 lbs scallops
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- sliced scallions
- Hoisin sauce

The first thing you prep is to defrost your shrimp and scallops.  If you use fresh, great, but I use the conveniently frozen packs.  I let them soak in a tub of water until they are soft.

Then, I add vegetable oil to the pan and set it to medium heat.  I mince up the garlic while I wait.  Add the garlic in and let it sizzle for the fragrance to come out.  Then add the shrimp and scallops.  I like to neatly place them in the pan and then flip each one individually.  Once both sides are mostly done cooking, I mix it up with a spatula.  You want to make sure that the shrimp and scallops are dry if you want a good sear.

The last step is to add the Hoisin sauce.  I scooped about two teaspoons of it and mixed everything up.  Let it saute for a bit and then plate it.  Add the sliced scallions for  garnish.

There you have it.  Simple and flavorful.  This is best served with rice and other veggies to complement it.

No comments:

Post a Comment